Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Solace

It's after 1:30 am. After nearly four hours of sleep, I've finished tossing and turning for awhile. I got up, checked the faucet that has twice in recent days frozen in our uncommonly cold temperatures, and realized I wasn't up for only a moment. I'm awake now. I don't want to be, because I have an extraordinary amount of work to do in the next few days. But what I want and what I get are, today, different.

At times like this (whatever that means...I'm not quite sure), I wish I could recall pithy one-liners full of wisdom. I want quick-shots of wisdom that will make it easy for me to realize this is no big deal. I can't recall them, though. Quick-shots of wisdom elude me.

I'm too tired to find those pithy one-liners, much less to find solace in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment