Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Bordeom of Garage Work

I spent much of the day yesterday setting up in the garage, on a temporary basis, the vanities that were removed from the master bath as part of the remodel. Each one is 67 inches long by 22 inches deep by 31 inches high. As shown here, I have them up against one wall of the garage now, a 134 inch stretch of cabinets.  For now, the cabinets have no counter surface.

The guys who removed the vanities moved them to my backyard for me and carefully wrapped them in tarps to protect them from the weather. After I unwrapped them, I managed to move the monsters, by myself, into the garage. The guys were careful to try to keep them intact during the removal process, but even so they were damaged. So, later when I have more time I'll have to do some repairs; I'll do that before buying 3/4 inch plywood to serve as countertops for them.

The task of moving the cabinets into the garage necessitated an extensive clean-up of the area of the garage where I placed them. That was an all-day undertaking, as I had allowed junk to pile up with no system in place to keep it organized.  I have way too much in the garage, but at least we've been able to keep both cars inside...believe it or not, the disorder shown here is better than it was.

2 comments:

  1. I find it quite satisfying to clean up a messy garage. I've been known to vacuum mine - I know, a little OCD.

    Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking about using a vacuum on my garage this weekend. Does that mean I'm a little OCD?

    ReplyDelete