Saturday, April 2, 2011

Serene Showers

Today has been devoted almost exclusively to emptying the master bath and our closets. I cannot believe how much stuff we have stuck in drawers, boxes, shelves, etc., etc. It's way more than we will ever use...or ever did. So, much was carted off to Goodwill and such, but there's more.

Tomorrow will be another day like today. By day's end, the master bath, closets, vanities, etc. must be completely empty. Monday morning, the construction crew arrives to demo the bath and begin the long remodel. It will take about 4 weeks. That's a long time to do one bathroom.

After I emptied my side today, I took down the double-sized mirror. That was a BEAST to do. The thing is 5 feet x 3 feet, which doesn't seem so large until you try to move it around. It's two 3x5 mirrors, back to back, plus the frame. I bet it weighs a good 150 pounds. Anyway, I got it down to the floor; but I need help getting it outside. I want to keep it (I don't know why) so I wanted it down before the demo guys show up.

Our new bathroom will be so simple, plain, and calming. I plan to love it and spend time there showering myself with serenity.

No comments:

Post a Comment