Sunday, January 23, 2011

Better Than a Sharp Stick

I just spent about an hour and a half working on information for an upcoming client board meeting. It's Sunday morning, not quite 7:00 am. I did it because I don't want to start the week tomorrow with an overwhelming burden of work. But I don't want to do it anymore. And so I won't.

Instead, I'll see about taking time today for myself, my wife, and my life. I'll think about a road trip and start to plan it, to the extent I want to...I don't much like "planned" road trips. But I will plan when I can go. Mid-to-late-May is probably the first opportunity. Unfortunately I won't be able to take much time, but I'll plan on three days, plus a weekend. We can go a long way and get back in five days.

It's not what I want but, as the saying goes, it's better than a sharp stick in the eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment